Imagine growing old and being able to ride like the young ones, being fit like never before and actively enjoying outdoors with your family. Well, you don’t have to imagine it, because with an electric bike (e-bike) you can do that and much more!
Although, most people associate e-bikes with weakness, poor stamina and elder population, that is not the case. E-bike can be suitable for everyone! So put your worries aside and read the 5 reasons why you must try an e-bike.
1. E-bike is less stressful and more fun
At first, e-bike looks very robust, which makes most people think “this bike is not for me”. They think a trekking bike with thinner tires is more appropriate for them, and how it must be more fun riding with it on the road.
- Wider tires mean better stability, greater grip and mostly less vibrations, which consequently lead to a more relaxed, fun ride along macadam and forest paths.
- Disk brakes mean more control over speed, but above all, they need less energy and power when braking.
- Bicycle technology has advanced remarkably in the past few years. The focus has been to transfer as much energy into speed as possible, enabling each circuit to be fully optimised.
2. You can ride better and safer trails
Many recreational cyclists think that many e-bike trails look almost like MTB trails – extreme downhill trails, with drops, jumps, and tree roots. However, there are various MTB trails that you can take, depending on your wishes and fitness level. Options are endless and can be planned to fit everyone!
- The macadam and forest trails have less traffic, which makes them safer compared to the road cycling.
- The road difficulty can be adjusted with the right choice and planning of the tour.
If you are still sceptical about the above, read how our guests experienced our tours on different trails: Holidays in Slovenia: Off the beaten track on a bike!
3. Travel further and see more beauty around you
At the beginning, you might be a little bit sceptic, whether you are fit enough for a +40km ride, but once you will try an e-bike, you won’t stop riding.
- With a battery power of 504Wh, you can do up to 100km (depending on the tour and support power)
- They also bring you closer to nature and fill your lungs with fresh air.
- On an e-bike, you will have time to observe beautiful views along the way.
- The views from the top of a hill or mountain are priceless.
- More often you will ride an e-bike easier and more fun it will get.
4. You will get addicted to it
With the invention of an e-bike, mountain biking (MTB) has now approached a much wider population, offering only the best of mountain biking for everyone! Making it so addicting that you will go for a ride every weekend or even more.
- The e-bike motor is only your assistant.
- You still have to do most of the work by yourself, as the bike won’t paddle on its own.
- You will increase your range and the tour distance.
- The slope is not a problem anymore, as everyone can help themselves by choosing different support levels to overcome the ascent.
- You will be nicely tired after the tour, but not exhausted.
- It will bring a big smile on your face 🙂
- You have more time to observe the surroundings and fully experience the day on a bike.
- You will get addicted once you experience an e-bike tour.
5. You can hate them with confidence
The worst thing is talking about how something is useless and garbage, without actually having an experience of the thing you are discussing. Only relying on your prejudice of what you think it might be. Please, don’t do that. Don’t be that person. Once you have ridden an e-bike, then you can contribute in a debate with the confidence of knowing something about an e-bike. This way you’re also safe from someone shutting you down by asking you “have you ever tried an e-bike”.
In conclusion, “You will enrich your life immeasurably if you approach it with a sense of wonder and discovery, and always challenge yourself to try new things.” (Nate Berkus)